The Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF) is an agency of the Ministry of Tourism and is committed to protecting the privacy of the visitors to our websites. TEF was repurposed as Jamaica’s tourism innovation centre. As a result of this, the Tourism Linkages Network, Jamaica Centre of Tourism Innovation and the Craft Development Institute were officially placed under Tourism Enhancement Fund while the Research and Risk Management Department was created.
With the addition of these new departments, TEF undertook new goals and objectives. The agency has been tasked to do the following:
- Develop and strengthen sustainable linkages between tourism and other productive sectors of the economy;
- Lead a learner-centered, innovation-driven and industry-led development programme to enhance Jamaica’s competitiveness as an international destination and ;
- Act as the engine of innovation for the Ministry and its agencies, and all relevant stakeholders who play a part in advancing Jamaica’s tourism product.
Privacy & Cookies
The TEF website collects two kinds of information, personal and non- personal identification information.
- Personal identification information (for example: full name, date of birth, email address, mailing address, telephone number, resume, business name etc.) that members voluntarily provide when they submit an application through the TEF Summer Internship Platform, project applications or submit queries through the Website.
- Non-personally identifiable information such as the number of persons accessing the website and the geographic IP address.
Personal Information Collection & Uses
The TEF website allows visitors to take part in various initiatives and projects. The TEF may, therefore, collect personal information in connection with these initiatives and projects, for example, through the TEF Summer Internship Programme and Jamaica Centre of Tourism Innovation (JCTI) learning management system. This policy does not apply to the use of unaffiliated sites to which our website provides links. This covers information collected on our website only.
In addition, we collect personal identification information from you in connection with applications for project funding. This information will only be used internally to complete project appraisals for submission to the Board of Directors for its decision and to make contact with the applicant. If listed, sponsors may be contacted to verify their sponsorship only. Detailed information submitted in the application will not be shared with the sponsor.
The TEF makes every effort to ensure that personal identification information is not intentionally disclosed except as provided for herein or otherwise as permitted or required under law. Further, TEF may contact you based on the information you provide online whether in connection with your registration or in such places as the above described fora, for the marketing and research by the TEF, the Ministry of Tourism or the Jamaica Tourist Board.
Non Personal Information
This website collects non-personal information via cookies. Cookies make it easier to save your preferences and reduce the incidence of users having to input the same information multiple times.
The non-personal information collected by the cookies or may be used for analytical or research purposes. Efforts have been made to ensure that the data collection methods used by third parties, comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, whether a fixed or mobile device is used.
There are exceptions to the above-mentioned data protection policies. A user’s information will be released to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Site.